The Title I Guidelines are intended to be one source of technical assistance to district administrators, Title I coordinators, classroom educators and parents. They have been written by DPI Title I consultants and a sub committee of the Title I Committee of Practitioners using the No Child Left Behind Act of 2001 of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act.
These guidelines may be copied and used as appropriate. Please note that they are in Final Draft form and will remain so until reauthorization of the law.
The Title I Guidelines below are in pdf format. Adobe Acrobat Reader must be installed on your computer to read or print these files.
It is available as a free download at Adobe Acrobat http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html.
Title I Guidelines full version (93 pages)
- 1. Allocation of Title I Funds.pdf
- 2. Charter Schools.pdf
- 3. Needs Assessment.pdf
- 4. Coordination and Integration with Other Programs.pdf
- 5. Schools of Recognition Awards Program.pdf
- 6. Title I Budget and Application.pdf
- 7. Equipment Purchase, Use and Disposal.pdf
- 8. Title I Reporting Requirements.pdf
- 9. Flexibility in Funding and Programming.pdf
- 10. Staff Qualifications and Assignments.pdf
- 11. Identifying Eligible Buildings.pdf
- 12. Selection of Eligible Participants.pdf
- 13. On-Site Monitoring by SEA.pdf
- 14. Parental Involvement.pdf
- 15. Serving Eligible Private School Students.pdf
- 16. Professional Development.pdf
- 17. Program Designs.pdf
- 17a. Schoolwide Programs.pdf
- 17b. Targeted Assistance Schools.pdf
- 17c. Comparison of Targeted Assistance.pdf
- 18. Record Retention.pdf
- 19. Title I Requirements and Required Documentation.pdf
- 20. Scientifically Based Research.pdf
- 21. Service Delivery Models.pdf
- 22. Serving Special Populations.pdf
- 23. Transition Requirements.pdf
- 24. ESEA Acronyms and Definitions.pdf